INSTA-LOVE is real!

The question: Is insta-love a real thing? This phenomenon is hailed and hated by many in almost equal amounts in my estimation.  I can sometimes see a reviewer rolling their eyes at the mere concept.  I am guilty of writing the instant chemistry and guarded optimism of that first spark-filled meeting. Well, I am a believer, because I have been a witness.  The day I met my husband was the first day of the rest of our lives together. Simple as that. 

In Swept, Rory shares the story of how she and Spencer first met. It's fated bliss right from the start. I'm sure I have some readers who've been stopped in their tracks by cupid's arrow, even if just for a short while. In writing and in life I think you have to be open to the possibilities...as readers too.  I want to hear your insta-love stories if you feel like sharing.  Comment and warm my heart. 


2 comments:

Verdandi73 said...

I believe that insta-love is nothing more than instant chemistry and infatuation; however that can lead to the development of a lasting love over time.

Unknown said...

I believe in it - probably because it happened to me. The attraction and chemistry was instant - as soon as he walked into the room. He was sooo NOT my type aside from his height. We didn't say "I love you" until @ 3 weeks after we met. We weren't even looking at each other when we actually spoke the words. He was under a car and I was walking back into his brother's house and I just said it - and froze in my tracks in a panic despite him saying it back with no hesitation. We've been married for 15 years now.